Friday, May 6, 2011

I invented a Pizza!

Decided to make a pizza for dinner.  I keep prebaked pizza crusts in the freezer, so I'm ready for pizza at any time.  We buy them 6 at a time at the Italian grocery store, way cheaper than the ones made by Boboli.  I usually make 'clean out the fridge' type pizzas, using whatever I have on hand.  My sweetie had bought spinach at the produce store today, and I started thinking about spinach and Alfredo sauce.  So opened the fridge and started pulling out ingredients.  I sliced up a couple of cups of spinach leaves, threw in a teaspoon or so of minced garlic, chopped up 6 or 8 marinated artichoke hearts, diced 2 green onions, then gathered up my cheese.  I had about a cup of grated mozzarella, a small chuck of pesto Havarti (from The Osceola Cheese Factory ) and a huge wedge of Parmesan.  I grated maybe a half cup of Parmesan and added all the cheese in.  I just stirred it all together, instead of layering it.  If I had had some Alfredo sauce, I would have spread it on the crust, but I didn't.  After arranging it all on the crust, I grated some more Parmesan over the top.  It came out looking like this.

I preheated the oven to 450, then baked it for about 12 minutes.  When it was done, it looked like this.

I can now report that there is not a speck left!  All gone and very good. 

Looking forward to a Happy Mother's Day, hope you all have one also.

Cindi

No comments:

Post a Comment