Sunday, January 19, 2014

Week 3 Stash Report - January 19, 2014

A fairly quiet sewing week.  Didn't touch the binding on my sister's quilt.  I decided I could make some items that were on my mental UFO list and use up a bit of fabric.  Not everything needs to be a full size quilt. 

I made a 10 Minute Table Runner for a silent auction at work in 2012.  Two coworkers who did not win the auction were disappointed.  I decided then to just go ahead and make them each one.  This didn't get done in time for Christmas 2012 or 2013.  However, they will be their first Christmas gifts for 2014!  I bought the center fabric in 2012 or early 2013.  It's the same fabric used for the auction table runner, only off the clearance table this time.  The border/backing fabric is estate sale fabric.





The blue is darker than the picture, more of a royal blue.  I like the blue one best, the design is omni directional.  The red one is uni directional, so the Christmas trees are upside down on one side. 

Although they are called 10 Minute Table runner, it took me just under an hour to make each of them.  The only thing I had done ahead was decide on the fabric.  I think even with the fabric cut, it would take me more than 10 minutes to complete. 

When I got them done, I decided to do a little more.  I chose a decorative stitch on my machine and topped stitched all the way around the blue one.  Decided to cut back on time on the red one and just did the stitching across each end.  I ended up liking it better. 

Here's a pic of the corner, so you can see the difference.




I did do a bit more on the Maverick Stars, but no more complete.

Didn't even go anywhere that sold fabric this week, so didn't buy anything.  Yippee!

Fabric in this week:  0 yards
Fabric in Year to Date:  .5 yards
Fabric out this week: 1.66 yards
Fabric out year to date:  4.66 yards

Total Change - 4.16 yards out

Check Judy's blog, Patchwork Times, for other stash reports.  

No comments:

Post a Comment