Saturday, March 5, 2011

New Apron


Today I finished the test apron.  I'm very happy with how it turned out.  It's been years since I did any garment sewing, so was glad to find I still remember how.  I cut this from a piece of fabric of unknown origin.  I probably bought it at an estate sale.  I had barely enough, one of the ties I had to piece from 3 smaller pieces.  After trying it on, I've decided I need to shorten it by a couple of inches, and am going to do that by shortening the bodice section.  That way the ties will tie around my waist and not my rear end!  Will probably shorten the neck a little, but have to be sure it will still fit over my head.  I'm adding a picture of the apron and a close up of the pocket so you can see the fabric better.  I need to think of someone who would enjoy this as a gift.  Some one who is taller than I am. =) I'm excited about making the real apron.  Should be able to at least start tomorrow.  Oh, and I bought some rick rack after all.

5 comments:

  1. Love the apron ,you did a great job .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just a tad bit taller than you and like to cook and wear aprons while doing so. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if that tad would be enough. I shortened it by about 4 inches and it's still to my knees.

    ReplyDelete