Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring Decorating

We have had temperatures above 80, the daffodils are blooming, and now it's SNOWING!  It must be spring!  I made a little progress on the spring decorating.  I love snowmen, and have LOTS of them.  Slowly I've been putting them away and getting out the spring and Easter decor.  You may notice these are closeup pictures.  That means I don't want you to see the surrounding areas!  By June, I promise, I'll have all the spring decorating done.  Here is one of the "before" pictures -
I love my snow family - Mother, father, two kids, and the snowlady in blue is their grandmother.  I had put out a Valentine's decoration before I took this picture, the Ukrainian egg decorated with hearts. 

Here's the same table, ready for Spring.  The table cover is Mary Engelbreit fabric.  There are 3 more of my Ukrainian eggs, the one on the left is the only traditional one I have done. The little bear with the sweater is a childhood friend of my husbands, so is over 60 years old.  There must be a hole in the bottom of the ceramic baskets, the jelly beans keep disappearing! 

Another before picture -
                                        
 Don't you just love this fabric?  These are mostly Hallmark ornaments.  The mailbox on the left belonged to my husbands mother, the snowbabies on the right were made by my mother.



Here's how the table looks now.  The bunny baby was made by my mother, the little charm on her wrist has my name on it.  There are assorted eggs around her.  The plastic eggs with the cartoon wrappers are more than 25 years old.  Proves again that some plastic is going to be around forever! 
I just looked out the window.  We've had about 3/4" of snow and it's sticking on the streets.  Baseball opening day is this week, so it must be SPRING!

No comments:

Post a Comment